The Langkawi to Phuket Airport Ferry runs from Malaysia into Thailand and takes passengers through Immigration. The Malaysia Immigration is inside Telaga Harbour Marina where you will receive your Malaysian exit stamp before boarding the ferry. When entering Thailand there is a brief stop on Koh Lipe for Thailand Immigration purposes. After you receive your Thailand entry stamp you then continue the journey by speedboat and ferry to Rassada Pier in Phuket to then join a minivan Phuket Airport.
Langkawi to Phuket Airport Ferry Timetable and Costs:
- Adults – 3750 Baht per Adult ( guests over 11 are classed as adults)
- Child 2- 11 years – 2625 Baht per child
- Child under 2 – 1000 Baht per infant
- Check in then board the ferry which departs Telaga Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok, Langkawi at 09:00 local time
- The journey to Koh Lipe is 2 hours and you will arrive at Koh Lipe by 10:00 (Thailand is -1 hour behind of Malaysia)
- You will be required to depart the ferry to go to the Immigration office.
- Departing Koh Lipe at 10:30 you will join a speedboat to Koh Lanta. The speedboat is faster than the ferry and can hold 47 passengers and 3 crew with seating for every guest.
- After 4 hours the speedboat will make a brief stop at Koh Lanta which is an interchange station. You will change boats to a large hi speed ferry to continue the rest of the journey
- The large hi speed ferry from Koh Lanta to Phuket, Rassada pier takes 2 hours arriving at 17:30
- After disembarking from the ferry you then join the minivan which takes you to Phuket Airport arriving at 20:00
Need A Different Ferry Route?
View our complete list of ferry routes and book your ferry ticket online.
FULL!!! 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th December
Important Ferry Information and Malaysia Immigration Procedures
- Check-in counter opens 2 hours prior to the ferry departure time please check in at least 60 minutes before the departure time
- Photo identification is required for all passengers to check-in (e.g. Passport, ID card or Driver License)
- Confirmation emails must be handed in when checking in - you will then be issued stickers to help identify your destination
- All passengers baggage is subject to search for security purposes
- The Malaysian Immigration is inside the ferry terminal building and a Malaysian Immigration exit stamp will be stamped before departure
- When you arrive at Koh Lipe there is no pier you will be transferred to the island by longtail boat - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- On Koh Lipe you will be taken to the Thailand Immigration for your entry visa
- If you are traveling to another destination on a different day you simply check in and then join the long tail boat to the high speed ferry - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person
- If you cancel your trip up to 48 hours before the departure date then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the departure date, no refund will be given.
- All cancellations must be in writing - please forward your Booking Confirmation email and PayPal payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note there is no refund for no-shows.
- If you need to change your transfer in any way, this will be done free of charge up to 48 hours before the trip by emailing email@example.com Tickets cannot be changed less than 48 hours before departure. A new ticket will need to be purchased.
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations. See full Terms and Conditions
DISCLAIMER AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations.
CHANGES TO YOUR TICKET
Changes of traveling date or passenger name can be made up to 48 hours before your trip. Send your change request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org - it’s free!
CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET
You may cancel your ferry ticket up to 48 hours before the ferry departs then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted. Please forward your ticket details to email@example.com . All cancellations must be in writing.
- No refunds will be given for tickets cancelled with less than 48 hours to go before travel.
- No refunds will be given for no-shows.
All changes and enquiries regarding tickets should be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
When booking tickets the confirmation email will include emergency numbers to call.
Please familiarise yourself with Tiger Travel Co. terms and conditions:1. Tiger Travel Co. operate speedboat and hi speed ferries, they reserve the right to change any boat at any time
2. Tiger Travel Co. reserves the right to refuse a refund in any circumstances
3. All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee between the ferry and the islands of Koh Lipe. This is because there is no pier on Koh Lipe the ferry will dock on the floating platform.
The longtail boats come out to collect ferry passengers and take them to the island. The longtail boats are operated by local fishermen who are not part of the ferry company. The longtail ferry transfer normally costs 50 Thai Baht per person (the cost can change without prior notice)
4. Passenger with reservations must check in earlier than the scheduled departure time. Please refer to the check in information
5. All passengers, vehicles and baggage are subject to search for security purposes.
6. For all passengers, photo identification is required to check-in (e.g. Passport or ID card ).
7. AmazingLanta.com shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liabilities in respect of loss damage, injury, accident, delay or any inconvenience to any person or his/her baggage or any personal property, whether in respect of the ferry to and from the Island or in respect of any occurrence results from the negligence of Tiger Travel Co. or any other person directly or indirectly in the employment or service of Tiger Travel Co. or otherwise, under any circumstances whatsoever.
CANCELLED FERRY PROCEDURE In the very rare event of rough seas or mechanical failure the Tiger Travel Co. ferry may be cancelled. Your safety is first priority. If Tiger Travel Co. needs to cancel a ferry, Tiger Travel Co. will arrange alternative transfers for you such as a minibus transfer to the closest pier to your chosen Island. From here for safety reasons they will wait until the weather has settled before sailing.
* Please be patient with the staff whilst they arrange these other transfers for you.
If you accept the Transfer then the payment made will cover the costs, no refund or discount in any way will be given as the transfer booked will be completed. If you do not accept the alternative transfer then a full refund will be given by contacting email@example.com
Ferries Departing Phuket Airport
- Phuket Airport to Koh Jum
- Phuket Airport to Koh Kradan
- Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Phuket Airport to Koh Libong
- Phuket Airport to Koh Lipe
- Phuket Airport to Koh Muk
- Phuket Airport to Koh Ngai
- Phuket Airport to Koh Yao Noi
- Phuket Airport to Koh Yao Yai
- Phuket Airport to Langkawi
- Phuket Airport to Railay Beach
Ferries To Langkawi
- Ao Nang to Langkawi
- Khao Lak to Langkawi
- Koh Bulone to Langkawi
- Koh Jum to Langkawi
- Koh Lanta to Langkawi
- Koh Laoliang to Langkawi
- Koh Lipe to Langkawi
- Koh Phi Phi to Langkawi
- Koh Yao Noi to Langkawi
- Koh Yao Yai to Langkawi
- Krabi Airport to Langkawi
- Krabi Town to Langkawi
- Phuket Ao Po Pier to Langkawi
- Phuket Rassada Pier to Langkawi
- Railay Beach to Langkawi