Kantiang Bay is located in the far south of Koh Lanta. Only a handful of resorts exist around this pristine beach and restaurants are scattered along the road which winds behind it.
Near the bottom on the right is Drunken Sailors Coffee Shop, a laid back cafe where you may get stuck all day lounging in hammocks. They enjoy a large menu of burgers, pasta, Thai classics and great coffee. It really is one of the best places in Kantiang Bay.
You will also find along the road side Phad Thai Rock n Roll, a very small place with exceptional quality food, and A La Carte Restaurant, offering authentic Thai food with fish from the BBQ. A La Carte is good quality and still remains cheap to eat despite the Kantiang Bay’s increasing popularity. You will see many people come to eat here.
Enjoy a seafood BBQ at the Bay Front restaurant located on the beach at the Baan Laanta Resort. A nice walk to Kantiang Bay View Restaurant then left along the beach and you can enjoy the Same Same But Different Restaurant, which serves up Thai classics with a lot of attention to detail with both the food and the tropical garden surroundings of the restaurant.
Aqua Bar is at the extreme right of Kantiang Bay, looking out over the rocky edges of the cliff as it meets the sea. It’s part of the Baan Laanta resort and is a great little bar for sundowners. There’s also the reggae-tinged Why Not Bar just a few steps away direct on the beach.
Kantiang Bay places We Recommend
You can read customer reviews of these restaurants on TripAdvisor by clicking the links
- Drunken Sailors: open all year
- A La Carte Restaurant: open all year
- Same Same But Different Restaurant: open all year
Kantiang Bay Map on Google Maps
This is our comprehensive Google Map of Kantiang Bay on Koh Lanta. We recommend you open the map in a new window to see it properly.
Each type of landmark has a different colour marker on the map:
- BLUE: Accommodation on Koh Lanta
- GREEN: Food and Drink on Koh Lanta/li>
- BRIGHT RED: Things To Do on Koh Lanta
- ORANGE: Shopping on Koh Lanta
- DARK RED: Koh Lanta Practicalities
- PURPLE: Koh Lanta Landmarks
Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out.
Click on the icon in the top left corner for an index of every location, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want. Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example.
If you are using the map on your phone, open the Koh Lanta Thailand Map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Best Places To Eat In Each Area Of Koh Lanta
- Best Saladan Village Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Klong Dao Beach Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Kawkwang Beach Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Long Beach Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Klong Khong Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Klong Nin Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Kantiang Bay Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Lanta Old Town Restaurants and Places To Eat
Best Places To Eat On Koh Lanta By Type Of Food
- Best Thai Food on Koh Lanta
- Best Coffee and Bakeries on Koh Lanta
- Best Seafood on Koh Lanta
- Best Burgers on Koh Lanta
- Best Pizza on Koh Lanta
- Best Steak on Koh Lanta
- Best English Breakfast on Koh Lanta