Lanta Old Town is a lovely place to wander round and then stop for lunch or dinner in the evening. Here’s our handpicked choices of great places to eat in Lanta Old Town.
Lanta Old Town
Lanta Old Town is located on the East coast of Lanta and is well worth a visit. Its not as busy as Saladan and keeps that nostalgic old Chinese feel to it. Its is still a local fishing village and when the long tail boats arrive back you can buy the freshest catch of the day. There are a handful of restaurant here and coffee shops, most are built over the sea on stilts and offer breath taking views of other islands and the main land.
The main road offers Restaurants like the one shown above called the Old Town Sea Food, Sawasdee Restaurant, Fresh Restaurant and Beautiful Restaurant all offer great views with Thai food, most will also offer Seafood dishes. You can also find noodle shops along the road side.
Mango House offers a nice alternative, It is a cool funky bar and restaurant offering home made burgers, BBQ Ribs and fresh coffee. They also offer live DJ’s to keep it cool on a Sunday afternoon.
In March Lanta Old Town holds a festival of culture. Its normally lasts for three days and hosts talented Chefs from the Luxury resorts showing there expertise and also local community members serving up local food. You can enjoy many snacks, sweets and meals and live music on many stages. Well worth a visit if you are Lanta.
Just outside of the Old Town past the hospital is also one of the nicest restaurants on Koh Lanta named Panorama Restaurat. This restaurant not only offers great Thai food but stunning views and a really nice owner named Jack. If you go check out the accommodation also you may find on your next visit its a place you could enjoy.
Lanta Old Town Places we recommend
Lanta Old Town Map on Google Maps
This is our comprehensive Google Map of Lanta Old Town on Koh Lanta. We recommend you open the map in a new window to see it properly.
Each type of landmark has a different colour marker on the map:
- BLUE: Accommodation on Koh Lanta
- GREEN: Food and Drink on Koh Lanta/li>
- BRIGHT RED: Things To Do on Koh Lanta
- ORANGE: Shopping on Koh Lanta
- DARK RED: Koh Lanta Practicalities
- PURPLE: Koh Lanta Landmarks
Click on a marker and it will give you the name of the landmark, with a brief description and links for more information and directions. You can pan, scroll, and zoom around the map, or use the + or – buttons in the bottom left of the map to zoom in and out.
Click on the icon in the top left corner for an index of every location, sorted by category. Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want. Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
Each category is on a different layer, which can be switched on and off. So you can just see the Hotel or Restaurant pins, for example.
If you are using the map on your phone, open the Koh Lanta Thailand Map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Best Places To Eat In Each Area Of Koh Lanta
- Best Saladan Village Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Klong Dao Beach Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Kawkwang Beach Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Long Beach Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Klong Khong Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Klong Nin Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Kantiang Bay Restaurants and Places To Eat
- Best Lanta Old Town Restaurants and Places To Eat
Best Places To Eat On Koh Lanta By Type Of Food
- Best Thai Food on Koh Lanta
- Best Coffee and Bakeries on Koh Lanta
- Best Seafood on Koh Lanta
- Best Burgers on Koh Lanta
- Best Pizza on Koh Lanta
- Best Steak on Koh Lanta
- Best English Breakfast on Koh Lanta