Koh Phangan (also spelled Koh Pha Ngan) is an island in the Gulf of Thailand best known for its infamous Full Moon parties. Home to spectacular beaches, dense jungle, beachside bungalows and a relaxed, chilled out atmosphere, Koh Phangan has far more to offer than its reputation for wild partying might suggest.
Fire Twirler @ Koh Pha Ngan © timparkinson
At 168 square kilometres, Koh Phangan is slightly smaller than neighbouring Koh Samui but is still a large island. Use our Very Quick Guide to Koh Phangan to discover Koh Phangan’s best beaches, hotels, things to do and more.
- Koh Phangan has numerous beaches, ranging from quiet and beautiful bays to large, popular beaches more famous for parties than natural beauty. Learn about the best beaches on Koh Phangan for day trips, accommodation, sunbathing and more.
- From hiking to snorkelling, there’s lots to do on Koh Phangan. Learn about the best things to do on the island, whether you’re searching for thrill seeking experiences or a relaxing way to spend the day.
- Koh Phangan has hundreds of hotels, from romantic and peaceful luxury resorts to cheap hotels aimed specifically at partygoers. Discover Koh Phangan’s best hotels in all price brackets, from stunning resorts to beachfront bungalows.
- Finding accommodation for the Full Moon Party can be tough, especially during the busy high season. Find the best accommodation options near on Haad Rin Nok and nearby beaches for the Full Moon Party and avoid overpaying for a hotel after you arrive.
- Koh Phangan is a large island with a great selection of spacious villas, many of which come with private swimming pools and other facilities. Learn more about private and resort villas available for rent on Koh Phangan.
- The weather on Koh Phangan is consistently warm and humid, with rain intensifying in the later months of the year. Learn more about the average temperatures and rainfall on Koh Phangan for each month, as well as the dates of the island’s rainy season.
- Koh Phangan is located between Koh Samui and Koh Tao in the Samui Archipelago, making it perfectly positioned for day trips. Discover the best day trips from Koh Phangan, from beautiful marine parks to dive sites, speedboat fishing charters and more.
- Although Koh Phangan doesn’t yet have its own airport, it’s easy to access from Koh Samui and Surat Thani. Learn more about how to get to Koh Phangan by air, ferry, bus and train from other locations in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
- Beyond the Full Moon Party, Koh Phangan is one of Thailand’s nightlife capitals, with a fantastic selection of beachside bars, nightclubs and party venues. Learn about Koh Phangan’s nightlife areas, specific bars that are worth visiting and general information on having a fun night out on Koh Phangan.
- Koh Phangan is famous around the world for its monthly full moon party. Learn more about the party, its location in Haad Rin, and transportation and accommodation options if you’re travelling to Koh Phangan to attend the full moon party.
- Great food is never hard to find on Koh Phangan, with hundreds of restaurants offering Thai and international food spread around the island. Learn more about Koh Phangan’s best restaurants, from romantic locations to the best cheap seafood dining options.
- Koh Phangan Airport is currently under construction and scheduled to open in 2016. Learn more about the two other airports near the island — Samui International and Surat Thani Airport — and flights to the area from Thailand and abroad.
- Drugs are a part of life on Koh Phangan, though penalties for drug possession and use can be extremely severe. Learn about common drug-related scams on Koh Phangan, as well as what you can expect if you’re arrested for drug possession in Thailand.
Koh Phangan Map
- Koh Phangan is a large island, with major beaches and hub areas spread out along its coastline and interior. Use our detailed map of Koh Phangan to find your way around the island and learn more about its best beaches, hotels and places of interest.
Buy Tickets To Koh PhanganYou can buy bus and ferry tickets to Koh Phangan online. Use the search box below to find out departure times, prices and to book online. Enter a different starting point if you're not coming from Bangkok
Koh Phangan Travel Guide:
- Koh Phangan – A Very Quick Travel Guide
- How To Get To Koh Phangan
- Full Moon Party Koh Phangan
- Drugs on Koh Phangan
- Full Moon Party Accommodation on Koh Phangan
- Things To Do On Koh Phangan
- Places To Eat On Koh Phangan
- Koh Phangan Villas For Rent
- Where To Stay On Koh Phangan
- Koh Phangan Day Trips
- Koh Phangan Weather
- Koh Phangan Airport
- Koh Phangan Beaches