Every month, thousands of tourists flock to Koh Phangan’s Haad Rin beach for the Full Moon Party, meaning there’s fierce competition for Full Moon Party accommodation
Koh Phangan © Eddy Milfort
Because the Full Moon Party is such a huge event, it puts a strain on local accommodation and makes demand skyrocket for the days surrounding the event. It’s not uncommon for all hotels in and around Haad Rin to be totally booked out for the week of the party during the high season.
Below, we’ve put together a list of tips to help you book Full Moon Party accommodation at a reasonable cost without arriving on Koh Phangan to realise there’s nothing available:
- Book your accommodation as early as possible
- The most popular Full Moon Parties during the high season attract as many as 30,000 people and result in huge demand for accommodation in Haad Rin. If you’re visiting for the Full Moon Party in November, December, January or February, try to book as early as possible.
- The closer your accommodation is to Haad Rin, the more important it is for you to book several weeks (preferably months) ahead of your visit. The following hotels are located close to the Full Moon Party on Haad Rin Nok and have positive ratings from previous guests:
- Palita Lodge, a three star resort on Haad Rin Nok with a swimming pool, 40 villas and good facilities.
- Phangan Bayshore Resort, a three star hotel located right on Haad Rin Nok that’s very popular with Full Moon Party guests.
- Tommy Resort, a bungalow resort on Haad Rin Nok with an outdoor pool and direct access to the beach party.
- Paradise Bungalows, a cheap and simple bungalow resort popular with backpackers seeking value for money.
- Be prepared to stay for several nights, not just one
- Because of the huge demand for accommodation around Haad Rin on Full Moon Party dates, most hotels and guesthouses require guests to book their accommodation for at least three to four nights instead of just the night of the party.
- If you’re visiting for the Full Moon Party, be prepared to stay for several nights before and after to satisfy the hotel’s booking conditions. There’s much more to do on Koh Phangan than party, so an extended stay is a great way to truly experience all that the island has to offer.
- Save money by staying on another beach near Haad Rin Nok
- Because the Full Moon Party is held on Haad Rin Nok, rates for hotels right on the beach go through the roof for the week of the event. If you’d like to save money on accommodation, try staying on Haad Rin Nai — a short walk away to the south — instead of Haad Rin Nok.
- Accommodation on Haad Rin Nai is significantly cheaper, as well as quieter. Although it’s not quite as picturesque or convenient as Haad Rin Nok, Haad Rin Nai is only a short walk away from the action and offers you a greater variety of available rooms at much better prices.
- The further away from Haad Rin you stay, the better the deals you’ll be able to get during the Full Moon Party. Our guide to Hotels on Koh Phangan – Where To Stay lists the best hotels on many of the island’s most popular beaches.
- Avoid storing valuables in your room during the party
- An unfortunate reality of staying on Koh Phangan during the Full Moon Party is that unethical, dishonest people can try to take advantage of you. It is not unheard of for people to break into bungalows and hotel rooms during the party to steal cameras, passports and other valuables.
- If you have valuables in your room, use the safe in your room to store them securely during the party. If your room or bungalow doesn’t have a safe, ask the hotel staff to use the main safe and insist on a receipt for your items.
Buy Tickets To Koh PhanganYou can buy bus and ferry tickets to Koh Phangan online. Use the search box below to find out departure times, prices and to book online. Enter a different starting point if you're not coming from Bangkok
Koh Phangan Travel Guide:
- Koh Phangan – A Very Quick Travel Guide
- How To Get To Koh Phangan
- Full Moon Party Koh Phangan
- Drugs on Koh Phangan
- Full Moon Party Accommodation on Koh Phangan
- Things To Do On Koh Phangan
- Places To Eat On Koh Phangan
- Koh Phangan Villas For Rent
- Where To Stay On Koh Phangan
- Koh Phangan Day Trips
- Koh Phangan Weather
- Koh Phangan Airport
- Koh Phangan Beaches