The Koh Muk To Langkawi ferry departs Koh Muk and travels to Koh Lipe then onto Langkawi. Due to you exiting Thailand there is a brief stop on Koh Lipe for Immigration purposes. You then continue the journey to Langkawi and at Telega Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok depart for the Malaysia Immigration.
Important! No Ferry Bookings From April 1 to October 26Amazing Lanta are unable to sell ferry tickets for ferry trips between April 1 to October 26. Enter your desired route and travel dates in the search box below to help you find available alternatives
If you are looking to book ferry tickets for trips from October 27th onwards, please use the form below to make your booking
Koh Muk to Langkawi Ferry Timetable and Costs:
- Adults – 2800 Baht per Adult (guests over 11 are classed as adults)
- Child 2- 11 years – 1960 Baht per child
- Child under 2 – 1000 baht per infant
- Check in then board the ferry which departs from the Koh Muk pier on the East coast of the Island at 11:45
- The ferry will arrive at Koh Lipe and you will be required to depart the ferry to go to the Immigration office
- You then continue the journey by ferry arriving in Langkawi, Telega Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok at 18:30 local time (Malaysia is +1 hour ahead of Thailand)
If there are only a few guests travelling on a particular day, the ferry company may replace the ferry with a speedboat instead. The departure time and costs will remain the same.
The speedboat is faster than the ferry but there is obviously not as much space as on the ferry, although of course there is seating for every guest.
Unfortunately we cannot tell you in advance if it will be the ferry or speedboat as this is a decision made by the ferry company and we are only the booking agent.
The speedboat can hold 47 passengers and 3 crew. Click here for photos of the speedboat.
Need A Different Ferry Route?
View our complete list of ferry routes and book your ferry ticket online.
Longtail Boat Transfer Between The Ferry And Island
Please note: All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee per person (including children) between the ferry and Koh Lipe Island. This is because there is no pier on Koh Lipe islands, so the ferry cannot dock, it will stop on the floating pier near Pattaya beach. The fee is payable directly to the longboat driver.
Koh Muk Check In
- Check in for your ferry journey at the front desk of Koh Mook Sawasdee Resort, located on Falang Beach, at least 45 minutes before departure.
- A longtail boat will take you from Koh Muk to the ferry.
- The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person. The longtail departs from in front of the resort.
Important Ferry Information and Malaysia Immigration Procedures
- Photo identification is required for all passengers to check-in (e.g. Passport, ID card or Driver License)
- A print out of your Booking Confirmation email must be handed in when checking in. You will then be issued stickers to identify your destination
- All passengers baggage is subject to search for security purposes
- When the ferry arrives at Koh Lipe during the journey to Langkawi, you will be transferred to the island by longtail boat - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- After check in the staff will help you get your Thailand exit stamp, you will then be taken by longtail boat to a waiting ferry which will take you on to Langkawi - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- On arrival at Langkawi will disembark at Telaga Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok and proceed to the Malaysian Immigration office where you will get your Maylasian entry stamp
- If you cancel your trip up to 48 hours before the departure date then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the departure date, no refund will be given.
- All cancellations must be in writing - please forward your Booking Confirmation email and PayPal payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note there is no refund for no-shows.
- If you need to change your transfer in any way, this will be done free of charge up to 48 hours before the trip by emailing email@example.com Tickets cannot be changed less than 48 hours before departure. A new ticket will need to be purchased.
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations. See full Terms and Conditions
DISCLAIMER AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations.
CHANGES TO YOUR TICKET
Changes of traveling date or passenger name can be made up to 48 hours before your trip. Send your change request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org - it’s free!
CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET
You may cancel your ferry ticket up to 48 hours before the ferry departs then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted. Please forward your ticket details to email@example.com . All cancellations must be in writing.
- No refunds will be given for tickets cancelled with less than 48 hours to go before travel.
- No refunds will be given for no-shows.
All changes and enquiries regarding tickets should be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
When booking tickets the confirmation email will include emergency numbers to call.
Please familiarise yourself with Tiger Travel Co. terms and conditions:1. Tiger Travel Co. operate speedboat and hi speed ferries, they reserve the right to change any boat at any time
2. Tiger Travel Co. reserves the right to refuse a refund in any circumstances
3. All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee between the ferry and the islands of Koh Lipe. This is because there is no pier on Koh Lipe the ferry will dock on the floating platform.
The longtail boats come out to collect ferry passengers and take them to the island. The longtail boats are operated by local fishermen who are not part of the ferry company. The longtail ferry transfer normally costs 50 Thai Baht per person (the cost can change without prior notice)
4. Passenger with reservations must check in earlier than the scheduled departure time. Please refer to the check in information
5. All passengers, vehicles and baggage are subject to search for security purposes.
6. For all passengers, photo identification is required to check-in (e.g. Passport or ID card ).
7. AmazingLanta.com shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liabilities in respect of loss damage, injury, accident, delay or any inconvenience to any person or his/her baggage or any personal property, whether in respect of the ferry to and from the Island or in respect of any occurrence results from the negligence of Tiger Travel Co. or any other person directly or indirectly in the employment or service of Tiger Travel Co. or otherwise, under any circumstances whatsoever.
CANCELLED FERRY PROCEDURE In the very rare event of rough seas or mechanical failure the Tiger Travel Co. ferry may be cancelled. Your safety is first priority. If Tiger Travel Co. needs to cancel a ferry, Tiger Travel Co. will arrange alternative transfers for you such as a minibus transfer to the closest pier to your chosen Island. From here for safety reasons they will wait until the weather has settled before sailing.
* Please be patient with the staff whilst they arrange these other transfers for you.
If you accept the Transfer then the payment made will cover the costs, no refund or discount in any way will be given as the transfer booked will be completed. If you do not accept the alternative transfer then a full refund will be given by contacting email@example.com
Things To Do In Langkawi
Ferries Departing Langkawi
- Langkawi to Ao Nang
- Langkawi to Khao Lak
- Langkawi to Koh Kradan
- Langkawi to Koh Lanta
- Langkawi to Koh Libong
- Langkawi to Koh Lipe
- Langkawi to Koh Muk
- Langkawi to Koh Ngai
- Langkawi to Koh Phi Phi
- Langkawi to Krabi Airport
- Langkawi to Phuket Airport
- Langkawi to Phuket Rassada Pier
- Langkawi to Trang Airport
- Langkawi to Trang Had Yao Pier
Ferries To Koh Muk
- Ao Nang To Koh Muk
- Khao Lak to Koh Muk
- Koh Jum to Koh Muk
- Koh Kradan to Koh Muk
- Koh Lanta to Koh Muk
- Koh Libong to Koh Muk
- Koh Lipe to Koh Muk
- Koh Ngai to Koh Muk
- Koh Phi Phi to Koh Muk - Early Morning Ferry
- Koh Phi Phi to Koh Muk - Late Morning Ferry
- Koh Yao Noi to Koh Muk
- Koh Yao Yai to Koh Muk
- Krabi Airport To Koh Muk - Early Morning Ferry
- Krabi Airport To Koh Muk - Late Morning Ferry
- Krabi Klong Jilad Pier To Koh Muk
- Langkawi to Koh Muk
- Phuket Airport to Koh Muk
- Phuket Rassada Pier to Koh Muk - Early Morning Ferry
- Phuket Rassada Pier to Koh Muk - Late Morning Ferry
- Railay Beach to Koh Muk
- Trang Airport to Koh Muk
- Trang Had Yao Pier To Koh Muk