The Langkawi to Koh Lipe Ferry runs from Malaysia into Thailand and takes passengers through Immigration. View timetables and buy ferry tickets online
Langkawi to Koh Lipe Ferry Timetable and Costs:
- Depart Langkawi at 09:00 – Arrive at Koh Lipe at 10:00
- Depart Langkawi at 14:00 – Arrive at Koh Lipe at 15:00
their is a 1 hour time difference between Malaysia and Thailand
- Adults – 1200 Baht per Adult ( guests over 11 are classed as adults)
- Child 2- 11 years -840 Baht per child
- Child under 2 – 500 Baht per infant
- Check in then board the ferry which departs Telaga Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok, Langkawi at 09:00 or choose 14:00 local time
- The journey to Koh Lipe is 2 hours, you will arrive at the floating platform in front of Pattaya beach Koh Lipe at 10:00 or 15:00 depending on which ferry you choose. (Thailand is -1 hour behind of Malaysia)
Longtail Boat Transfer Between The Ferry And Island
Please note: All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee per person (including children) between the ferry and Koh Lipe Island. This is because there is no pier on Koh Lipe islands, so the ferry cannot dock, it will stop on the floating pier near Pattaya beach. The fee is payable directly to the longboat driver.
Need A Different Ferry Route?
View our complete list of ferry routes and book your ferry ticket online.
FULL!!! 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th December
Important Ferry Information and Malaysia Immigration Procedures
- Check-in counter opens 2 hours prior to the ferry departure time please check in at least 60 minutes before the departure time
- Photo identification is required for all passengers to check-in (e.g. Passport, ID card or Driver License)
- Confirmation emails must be handed in when checking in - you will then be issued stickers to help identify your destination
- All passengers baggage is subject to search for security purposes
- The Malaysian Immigration is inside the ferry terminal building and a Malaysian Immigration exit stamp will be stamped before departure
- When you arrive at Koh Lipe there is no pier you will be transferred to the island by longtail boat - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- On Koh Lipe you will be taken to the Thailand Immigration for your entry visa
- If you are traveling to another destination on a different day you simply check in and then join the long tail boat to the high speed ferry - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person
- If you cancel your trip up to 48 hours before the departure date then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the departure date, no refund will be given.
- All cancellations must be in writing - please forward your Booking Confirmation email and PayPal payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note there is no refund for no-shows.
- If you need to change your transfer in any way, this will be done free of charge up to 48 hours before the trip by emailing email@example.com Tickets cannot be changed less than 48 hours before departure. A new ticket will need to be purchased.
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations. See full Terms and Conditions
DISCLAIMER AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations.
CHANGES TO YOUR TICKET
Changes of traveling date or passenger name can be made up to 48 hours before your trip. Send your change request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org - it’s free!
CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET
You may cancel your ferry ticket up to 48 hours before the ferry departs then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted. Please forward your ticket details to email@example.com . All cancellations must be in writing.
- No refunds will be given for tickets cancelled with less than 48 hours to go before travel.
- No refunds will be given for no-shows.
All changes and enquiries regarding tickets should be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org .
When booking tickets the confirmation email will include emergency numbers to call.
Please familiarise yourself with Tiger Travel Co. terms and conditions:1. Tiger Travel Co. operate speedboat and hi speed ferries, they reserve the right to change any boat at any time
2. Tiger Travel Co. reserves the right to refuse a refund in any circumstances
3. All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee between the ferry and the islands of Koh Lipe. This is because there is no pier on Koh Lipe the ferry will dock on the floating platform.
The longtail boats come out to collect ferry passengers and take them to the island. The longtail boats are operated by local fishermen who are not part of the ferry company. The longtail ferry transfer normally costs 50 Thai Baht per person (the cost can change without prior notice)
4. Passenger with reservations must check in earlier than the scheduled departure time. Please refer to the check in information
5. All passengers, vehicles and baggage are subject to search for security purposes.
6. For all passengers, photo identification is required to check-in (e.g. Passport or ID card ).
7. AmazingLanta.com shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liabilities in respect of loss damage, injury, accident, delay or any inconvenience to any person or his/her baggage or any personal property, whether in respect of the ferry to and from the Island or in respect of any occurrence results from the negligence of Tiger Travel Co. or any other person directly or indirectly in the employment or service of Tiger Travel Co. or otherwise, under any circumstances whatsoever.
CANCELLED FERRY PROCEDURE In the very rare event of rough seas or mechanical failure the Tiger Travel Co. ferry may be cancelled. Your safety is first priority. If Tiger Travel Co. needs to cancel a ferry, Tiger Travel Co. will arrange alternative transfers for you such as a minibus transfer to the closest pier to your chosen Island. From here for safety reasons they will wait until the weather has settled before sailing.
* Please be patient with the staff whilst they arrange these other transfers for you.
If you accept the Transfer then the payment made will cover the costs, no refund or discount in any way will be given as the transfer booked will be completed. If you do not accept the alternative transfer then a full refund will be given by contacting email@example.com
Ferries Departing Koh Lipe
- Koh Lipe to Ao Nang
- Koh Lipe to Khao Lak
- Koh Lipe to Koh Jum
- Koh Lipe to Koh Kradan
- Koh Lipe to Koh Lanta
- Koh Lipe to Koh Libong
- Koh Lipe to Koh Muk
- Koh Lipe to Koh Ngai
- Koh Lipe to Koh Phi Phi
- Koh Lipe to Koh Yao Noi
- Koh Lipe to Koh Yao Yai
- Koh Lipe to Krabi Airport - Arrive by 14:30
- Koh Lipe to Krabi Airport - Arrive by 15:30
- Koh Lipe to Krabi Klong Jilad Pier
- Koh Lipe to Langkawi
- Koh Lipe to Phuket Airport
- Koh Lipe to Phuket Ao Po Pier
- Koh Lipe to Phuket Rassada Pier
- Koh Lipe to Railay Beach
- Koh Lipe to Trang Airport
Ferries To Langkawi
- Ao Nang to Langkawi
- Khao Lak to Langkawi
- Koh Jum to Langkawi
- Koh Lanta to Langkawi
- Koh Lipe to Langkawi
- Koh Phi Phi to Langkawi
- Koh Yao Noi to Langkawi
- Koh Yao Yai to Langkawi
- Krabi Airport to Langkawi
- Krabi Town to Langkawi
- Phuket Ao Po Pier to Langkawi
- Phuket Rassada Pier to Langkawi
- Railay Beach to Langkawi