During the daytime, Koh Lipe is a peaceful and relaxing destination. After the sun sets, it’s much the same, with a great selection of chilled out beachside bars on the island’s major beaches and a handful of calm and relaxing watering holes on Walking Street.
Sunset © miserychick
Koh Lipe’s nightlife isn’t wild and crazy like Koh Phi Phi, but there’s more than enough to keep almost any traveller entertained and occupied after the sun sets. Some of the island’s top bars and nightspots are listed below:
- OMG! Sports Bar & Restaurant on Sunrise Beach is one of Koh Lipe’s top nightspots. From 7pm onwards, the usual rotation of Western movies starts playing, with comfortable beanbag seating and an extensive selection of beers, cocktails and shots to choose from.
- Elephant Beach Bar, part of Lipe Beach Resort, is another popular watering hole along Sunrise Beach. Castaway Bar and Restaurant, located inside Castaway Resort, is another good option offering tasty signature cocktails and great views over the beach from a covered deck.
- The similarly named but different Elephant Coffee House & Bar, located on Walking Street close to Pattaya Beach, is a popular spot for beers, cocktails and live music. Cocktail Bar, which offers a large list of cocktails for 100 baht each, is a popular outdoor drinking spot on Walking Street.
- Reggae Home Bar, located just off Walking Street in the middle of the island, is a popular spot for backpackers that’s famous for its chilled out music and good cocktails.
- Although Sunset Beach is regarded as Koh Lipe’s quiet beach, there are several bars open on the beach with cheap beers and tasty cocktails, along with some of the best views of the sunset on the island.
- From Walking Street to any of the island’s three main beaches, a great mix of bars, restaurants and beachside hangouts make Koh Lipe a fun place to spend the night.