The Langkawi to Ao Nang ferry runs from Malaysia into Thailand to Koh Lipe. Same-day travel is not possible and overnight stay on Koh Lipe is required. Koh Lipe accommodation is NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price. In the morning after check-in, you join a new ferry and continue the journey to Krabi Klong Jilad Pier. From the pier a minivan takes you to Ao Nang.
Ferry from Langkawi to Koh Lipe
Important! No Ferry Bookings From April 1 to October 26
Amazing Lanta are unable to sell ferry tickets for ferry trips between April 1 to October 26. Enter your desired route and travel dates in the search box below to help you find available alternatives
If you are looking to book ferry tickets for trips from October 27th onwards, please use the form below to make your booking
Langkawi to Ao Nang Ferry Timetable and Costs:
- Adults – 3150 Baht per Adult (guests over 11 are classed as adults)
- Child 2- 11 years – 2205 Baht per child
- Child under 2 – 1000 Baht per infant
- Check in then board the ferry which departs Telaga Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok, Langkawi at 09:00 local time
- The journey to Koh Lipe is 2 hours and you will arrive at Koh Lipe by 10:00 (Thailand is -1 hour behind of Malaysia)
- You will be required to depart the ferry to go to the Immigration office which is on Pattaya Beach.
- Please note you will have to stay on Koh Lipe for one night and continue your journey the next morning. Koh Lipe accommodation is NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price. We strongly recommend you book Koh Lipe accommodation in advance. View our map of Koh Lipe with hotel locations and recommendations.
- The next morning Check-in on Pattaya beach Koh Lipe to join the new ferry departing Koh Lipe at 09:00.
- The journey to Krabi is 4.5 hours, you will arrive at Krabi Klong Jilad Pier at 13:30
- Departing at Krabi you then join a minivan to continue the journey and arrive at Ao Nang center drop of next to McDonalds by 15:00
Need A Different Ferry Route?
View our complete list of ferry routes and book your ferry ticket online.
Where Do You Want To Travel Next
View a list of ferry routes departing from Ao Nang and book your ferry tickets online.
Important Ferry Information and Malaysia Immigration Procedures
- Check-in counter opens 2 hours prior to the ferry departure time please check in at least 60 minutes before the departure time
- Photo identification is required for all passengers to check-in (e.g. Passport, ID card or Driver License)
- Confirmation emails must be handed in when checking in - you will then be issued stickers to help identify your destination
- All passengers baggage is subject to search for security purposes
- The Malaysian Immigration is inside the ferry terminal building and a Malaysian Immigration exit stamp will be stamped before departure
- When you arrive at Koh Lipe there is no pier you will be transferred to the island by longtail boat - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- On Koh Lipe you will be taken to the Thailand Immigration for your entry visa
- If you are traveling to another destination on the same day or the next day you simply check in and then join the long tail boat to the ferry - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person
- If you cancel your trip up to 48 hours before the departure date then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the departure date, no refund will be given.
- All cancellations must be in writing - please forward your Booking Confirmation email and PayPal payment receipt to email@example.com
- Please note there is no refund for no-shows.
- If you need to change your transfer in any way, this will be done free of charge up to 48 hours before the trip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets cannot be changed less than 48 hours before departure. A new ticket will need to be purchased.
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations. See full Terms and Conditions
DISCLAIMER AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations.
CHANGES TO YOUR TICKET
Changes of traveling date or passenger name can be made up to 48 hours before your trip. Send your change request in writing to email@example.com - it’s free!
CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET
You may cancel your ferry ticket up to 48 hours before the ferry departs then a refund will be given with a 250 Baht processing fee deducted. Please forward your ticket details to firstname.lastname@example.org . All cancellations must be in writing.
- No refunds will be given for tickets cancelled with less than 48 hours to go before travel.
- No refunds will be given for no-shows.
All changes and enquiries regarding tickets should be sent in writing to email@example.com .
When booking tickets the confirmation email will include emergency numbers to call.
Please familiarise yourself with Tiger Travel Co. terms and conditions:1. Tiger Travel Co. operate speedboat and hi speed ferries, they reserve the right to change any boat at any time
2. Tiger Travel Co. reserves the right to refuse a refund in any circumstances
3. All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee between the ferry and the islands of Koh Lipe. This is because there is no pier on Koh Lipe the ferry will dock on the floating platform.
The longtail boats come out to collect ferry passengers and take them to the island. The longtail boats are operated by local fishermen who are not part of the ferry company. The longtail ferry transfer normally costs 50 Thai Baht per person (the cost can change without prior notice)
4. Passenger with reservations must check in earlier than the scheduled departure time. Please refer to the check in information
5. All passengers, vehicles and baggage are subject to search for security purposes.
6. For all passengers, photo identification is required to check-in (e.g. Passport or ID card ).
7. AmazingLanta.com shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liabilities in respect of loss damage, injury, accident, delay or any inconvenience to any person or his/her baggage or any personal property, whether in respect of the ferry to and from the Island or in respect of any occurrence results from the negligence of Tiger Travel Co. or any other person directly or indirectly in the employment or service of Tiger Travel Co. or otherwise, under any circumstances whatsoever.
CANCELLED FERRY PROCEDURE In the very rare event of rough seas or mechanical failure the Tiger Travel Co. ferry may be cancelled. Your safety is first priority. If Tiger Travel Co. needs to cancel a ferry, Tiger Travel Co. will arrange alternative transfers for you such as a minibus transfer to the closest pier to your chosen Island. From here for safety reasons they will wait until the weather has settled before sailing.
* Please be patient with the staff whilst they arrange these other transfers for you.
If you accept the Transfer then the payment made will cover the costs, no refund or discount in any way will be given as the transfer booked will be completed. If you do not accept the alternative transfer then a full refund will be given by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Buy Tickets To Ao NangYou can buy bus and ferry tickets to Ao Nang online. Use the search box below to find out departure times, prices and to book online. Enter a different starting point if you're not coming from Bangkok
Ao Nang Travel Guide
- Ao Nang: A Very Quick Travel Guide
- How To Get To Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Beaches
- Things To Do In Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Hotels - Where To Stay
- Ao Nang Villas To Rent
- Check Ao Nang Hotel Availability
- Ao Nang Map
- Ao Nang Daytrips
- Places To Eat In Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Nightlife
Things To Do In Ao Nang, Railay and Krabi Town
Ferries Departing Ao Nang
- Ao Nang to Koh Jum
- Ao Nang to Koh Kradan
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta
- Ao Nang to Koh Libong
- Ao Nang to Koh Lipe
- Ao Nang to Koh Muk
- Ao Nang to Koh Ngai
- Ao Nang to Koh Phi Phi
- Ao Nang to Langkawi
- Ao Nang to Phuket