Ao Nang is conveniently located a short taxi ride from Krabi Town and about half an hour’s drive from Krabi Airport. Therefore getting to Ao Nang is very easy from Bangkok
Flights To Ao Nang
Ao Nang is conveniently serviced by Krabi International Airport (airport code: KBV), which is about 20 km from Ao Nang.
– Thai Airways and Air Asia fly daily direct to Krabi Airport from Bangkok.
– Bangkok Airways operate flights to Krabi Airport direct from Koh Samui.
– Air Asia has daily flights to Krabi from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
– Tiger Airways flies to Krabi from Singapore four times a week.
Check 12Go for exact flight times and to compare prices between airlines.
Taxis From Krabi Airport To Ao Nang
You can book a private taxi transfer from Krabi Airport to your Ao Nang hotel online. The driver will be waiting for you on arrival and transfer you directly to your hotel.
You can also book a taxi transfer from Krabi Airport to Krabi Town and Krabi Airport to Ao Nang and Noppharat Thara Beach.
How To Get To Ao Nang By Train
Ao Nang, like the rest of Krabi, does not have a railway station. The nearest railway station is at Surat Thani, after which you need to get a minivan. It is about 3 hours drive from Surat Thani to Ao Nang. You can book a combined Bangkok to Ao Nang train and minivan ticket online.
How To Get To Ao Nang By Bus – Buses From Bangkok To Ao Nang
From Bangkok, buses depart to Krabi from Bangkok’s Southern Bus Terminal on the west side of the Chao Phraya River. The journey takes about 12 hours. In Krabi, buses arrive and depart from the bus terminal at Taladkao, about 5km north of town. Buses also run to all regional destinations from the same place. You can book a Bangkok to Ao Nang bus ticket online.
Ao Nang Ferries
There are numerous ferries going to and from Ao Nang daily to different Thai islands, operating from November until April. Follow the links below for timetable and pricing information on specific Ao Nang ferry routes.
Ferries To Ao Nang
- Koh Jum to Ao Nang
- Koh Kradan to Ao Nang
- Koh Lanta to Ao Nang
- Koh Libong to Ao Nang
- Koh Lipe to Ao Nang
- Koh Muk to Ao Nang
- Koh Ngai to Ao Nang
- Langkawi to Ao Nang
- Phuket to Ao Nang
Ferries Departing Ao Nang
- Ao Nang to Koh Jum
- Ao Nang to Koh Kradan
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta
- Ao Nang to Koh Libong
- Ao Nang to Koh Lipe
- Ao Nang to Koh Muk
- Ao Nang to Koh Ngai
- Ao Nang to Koh Phi Phi
- Ao Nang to Langkawi
- Ao Nang to Phuket
Ao Nang Express Transfers
An Express Transfer is the quickest way to get to Ao Nang. Express Transfers operate all year round, 365 days a year. The Express Transfer is a combination of longtail boat or speedboat and private minivan transfer to get you quickly to your destination. Select your route from the list below for full details, pricing and to book online.
Express Transfers To Ao Nang
- Koh Kradan to Ao Nang Express Transfer
- Koh Lanta to Ao Nang Express Transfer
- Koh Mook to Ao Nang Express Transfer
- Koh Ngai to Ao Nang Express Transfer
Express Transfers Departing Ao Nang
- Ao Nang to Koh Kradan Express Transfer
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta Express Transfer
- Ao Nang to Koh Mook Express Transfer
- Ao Nang to Koh Ngai Express Transfer
Ao Nang to Koh Lanta Private Speedboat Transfer
The quickest and most exclusive way to get from Ao Nang to Koh Lanta is by private speedboat transfer. Guests are picked up on Ao Nang beach and then taken direct to Koh Lanta on an exhilarating and beautiful 1 hour speedboat ride across Phang-Nga Bay. Once the speedboat arrives at the pier in Saladan town on Koh Lanta, guests are transferred to a minivan and taken direct to their chosen hotel. Book the Ao Nang to Koh Lanta Private Speedboat Transfer online.
Ao Nang Taxi Transfers
You can book an Ao Nang taxi transfer online – select your desired route from the list below and follow the link for full details, pricing and to make your booking.
Taxi Transfers To Ao Nang
- Ao Thalane Pier To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Donsak Pier To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Khao Lak To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Krabi Airport To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Krabi Town To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Kuan Tungku Pier To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Nakhon Si Thammarat To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Pakbara Pier To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Pakmeng Pier To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Phuket To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Phuket Airport To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Surat Thani Town To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
- Trang To Ao Nang Private Minivan Taxi
Taxi Transfers Departing From Ao Nang
- Ao Nang To Ao Thalane Pier Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Donsak Pier Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Had Yai Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Had Yao Beach Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Khao Lak Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta Express Transfer (minivan and speedboat - fastest way to Koh Lanta)
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Krabi Airport Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Krabi Town Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Kuan Tungku Pier Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Nakhon Si Thammarat Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Pakbara Pier Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Pakmeng Pier Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Phuket Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Phuket Airport Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Surat Thani Private Minivan Taxi
- Ao Nang To Trang Town Private Minivan Taxi
How To Get To Ao Nang By Car – Driving To Ao Nang
Krabi is located just off them main north-south Highway 4. It is 946km from Bangkok and, 180km from Phuket (although only 70km by boat). There are a range of car rental outfits inside the arrivals terminal at Krabi Airport renting out a range of vehicles with pickup trucks being the cheapest.
Local Ao Nang Transport
White-coloured songthaews also run from Krabi Town to Ao Nang and Noppharat Thara Beach. They run every ten minutes during the day and every 30 minutes after 6.00pm. In Krabi, songthaews depart from in front of the 7-Eleven on Maharat Road.
Getting From Krabi Town To Ao Nang
White songthaews take you to and from Ao Nang to Krabi Town.
In Krabi Town, the songthaews stop and pick up opposite and two hundred metres up from from the pier. There is also a stop directly opposite the police station on Maharaj Road Soi 7.
In Ao Nang, the songthaews follow the beach road and then turn left at the main corner where the road turns and climbs the hill on the road to Krabi town. You can pick up anywhere along this route by sticking your arm out.
In Ao Nang there are also plenty of misnamed ‘tuk tuks’ that are actually small motorcycles with covered sidecars. Although the drivers here are like saints compared to their rapacious brethren on Phuket, one still needs to haggle hard since Ao Nang is a touristy place where inflated prices are the norm.
Motorcycle Hire In Ao Nang
Motorcycle hire places are ubiquitous and, although you must be extremely careful, the roads hereabouts are not as lethally fast, crowded and peopled with complete psychos as those on Phuket.
Things To Do In Ao Nang, Railay and Krabi Town
Ao Nang Travel Guide
- Ao Nang: A Very Quick Travel Guide
- How To Get To Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Beaches
- Things To Do In Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Hotels - Where To Stay
- Ao Nang Villas To Rent
- Check Ao Nang Hotel Availability
- Ao Nang Map
- Ao Nang Daytrips
- Places To Eat In Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Nightlife
Ao Nang Location
View Ao Nang’s location on our map of Southern Thailand, showing the location of all major tourist areas.