January is Peak Season for Koh Lanta as many Europeans come to the island for the Christmas and New Year period during their own vacation time.
As such, January is the most crowded and expensive time to be on the island, along with December. Koh Lanta weather in January is the most pleasantly cool time of year on the island. It’s still hot by Western standards – 28 degrees Celsius on average – but not unpleasantly so.
By the end of January the crowds have departed and while the island remains popular, the Peak Season prices revert to High Season prices. If you want to come in January but have flexibility with your dates, definitely try and come towards the end of the month.
It’s also essential to book far in advance if you want to be sure of getting your first choice of hotels on Koh Lanta – over the Christmas and New Year period every hotel is usually full, despite charging extra high prices. Check Agoda for Koh Lanta hotel online reservations.
Be aware that many Thailand hotels charge a compulsory fee for Christmas Dinner and New Year’s Eve Dinner, regardless of whether you want it or not. This will be stipulated at time of booking, so be sure to doublecheck before finalising your stay.
You can check Koh Lanta hotel availability for your selected dates:
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews
If you wish to rent your own private Koh Lanta villa at Christmas, you should enquire months in advance to ensure you get your first choice.
Koh Lanta Weather Month By Month
- Koh Lanta Weather In January
- Koh Lanta Weather In February
- Koh Lanta Weather In March
- Koh Lanta Weather In April
- Koh Lanta Weather In May
- Koh Lanta Weather In June
- Koh Lanta Weather In July
- Koh Lanta Weather In August
- Koh Lanta Weather In September
- Koh Lanta Weather In October
- Koh Lanta Weather In November
- Koh Lanta Weather In December