There is no direct ferry service from Koh Lanta to Koh Yao. The quickest way to get from Koh Lanta to Koh Yao is to an Express Transfer which operates from the 1st November till the 30th April.
- You are transferred from your Koh Lanta hotel by car to Saladan village pier – depending on where you stay will depend on your pick up time
- You then go on board the speedboat departing at 07:30 which takes you on a stunning boat ride across the water along the coastline of Koh Lanta – The journey takes around 15 minutes depending on weather and conditions
- When you arrive at the private Krabi speedboat pier, you are then transferred to an air conditioned minivan. It’s a 1 hour 45 minute journey from Krabi pier to the Ao Nang Pier
- Arrive at Ao Nang pier to check in and board the speedboat to Koh Yao Noi which departs at 11:00
- The speedboat journey is 30 minutes and arrives at Koh Yao Noi’s Ma Nor Pier on Koh Yao Noi at 11:30 or Klong Hia Pier on Koh Yao Yai at 11:40
- Total Journey time from Koh Lanta to Koh Yao is approximately 4 hours
Koh Lanta To Koh Yao All Year Transfer Option
An alternative transfer to the express transfer is to depart from Koh Lanta and travel to Ao Thalane Pier by private taxi. From the pier you can catch the daily longtail boat Koh Yao.The longtail boat tickets can be bought direct when arriving on the pier.
Please check the Ao Thalane Pier to Koh Yao Ferry timetable to ensure you arrive on time to catch the boat to Koh Yao.