Klong Muang Beach is a quiet beach 45 minutes drive from Krabi Airport, with a collection of upmarket resorts that provide everything you need for a chilled out beach holiday.
Klong Muang is a very small coastal town with one road leading in to the area. It is built in two sections: along the beachfront there are some resorts and restaurants dotting both sides of the road, and there is also a small complex with shopping and dining options which sits out of town around 2km away.
The often-deserted beach is quite narrow and long and offers amazing views out to sea with the rock formations and surrounding islands silhouetted on the horizon. These islands come alive in the mornings when the sun is rising and shining onto them, and the beach is a great place to sit watching the sunset.
Coco Nori at Sea HotelLarge clean budget rooms
Krabi Andaman Sea ResortBasic modern-style resort
Beyond ResortGreat mid-range resort
Sheraton Krabi Beach ResortLuxury international chain resort
Nakamanda Resort and SpaLuxury villas
At Sea CondominiumModern style condos for short-term rent
Klong Muang InnBudget rooms
Paddy's PubAn institution in Klong Muang
Koh Kwang ResortNice basic resort
Vacation HouseGood budget choice
Krabi Sands ResortSolid mid-range hotel
The Beach HouseBeachfront accommodation
Klong Muang BeachA quiet, secluded beach to get away from it all
Sofitel KrabiLuxury international resort
The ElementsRomantic resort for couples
Klong Muang PierKlong Muang Pier
This natural beauty means Klong Muang offers a lot of upmarket hotels and apartments. For many tourists, these are the ultimate retreat, where guests rarely leave the hotel complex and simply enjoy the resort facilities. (The neighbouring beach to Klong Muang is Tubkaek Beach, made famous by the Hangover 2 movie’s idyllic beach wedding scenes).
Klong Muang offers a perfect retreat for anyone looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Outside the resorts, there are some places to eat worth exploring – Paddys Irish bar which sits along the coastal road is probably the best watering hole in the area.
There are also many pleasant restaurants along the beach offering fresh sea food. If you are looking for night life though, Klong Muang may not be the best choice; Ao Nang, which has a big nightlife party scene, is a 20 minute drive away.
Transfers To Klong Muang
It’s easy to book a transfer to Klong Muang – you can opt for a private minivan Taxi Transfer or an Express Transfer, which is a combination of speedboat and minivan for a faster journey. Select your journey route from the list below and follow the link to get pricing and departure times and make your booking online.
Taxi Transfer To Klong Muang
- Krabi Airport to Klong Muang Taxi Transfer
- Koh Lanta to Klong Muang Taxi Transfer
- Klong Muang to Krabi Airport Taxi Transfer
- Klong Muang to Koh Lanta Taxi Transfer
- Koh Kradan to Klong Muang Express Transfer
- Koh Lanta to Klong Muang Express Transfer
- Koh Mook to Klong Muang Express Transfer
- Koh Ngai to Klong Muang Express Transfer
- Klong Muang to Koh Kradan Express Transfer
- Klong Muang to Koh Lanta Express Transfer
- Klong Muang to Koh Mook Express Transfer
- Klong Muang to Koh Ngai Express Transfer
- Koh Bulone to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Kradan to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Lanta to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Laoliang to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Libong to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Lipe to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Muk to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Ngai to Klong Muang Hotel
- Koh Phi Phi to Klong Muang Hotel
- Langkawi to Klong Muang Hotel
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Bulone
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Kradan
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Laoliang
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Lipe
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Libong
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Muk
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Ngai
- Klong Muang Hotel to Koh Phi Phi
- Klong Muang Hotel to Lankawi
Taxi Transfer Departing Klong Muang
Express Transfer To Klong Muang
Express Transfer Departing Klong Muang
Ferries To Klong Muang Hotel(For a full list of Klong Muang connections including express and private minivan services see our Klong Muang Transport page.)
Ferries Departing Klong Muang Hotel(For a full list of Klong Muang connections including express and private minivan services see our Klong Muang Transport page.)
One problem with hotels in Klong Muang is the heavy duty lorries passing by servicing the local quarry. The lorries operate all day and pass through the little village.
If you do not want to cross the road from your resort to the beach with these lorries passing, you might want to consider choosing a resort on neighbouring Tubkaek Beach which is isolated from any traffic and noise.