September on Koh Lanta sees the monsoon season really beginning to start. While there is still plenty of sunshine, there can also be a lot of prolonged rain too. Sea conditions mean that scuba diving trips are restricted to heading to sheltered dive sites like Koh Bida – the boat captains need to make a judgement each morning about the weather conditions before the boats head out.
The upside is that Koh Lanta is very quiet during this period and there are great discounts at many of Koh Lanta’s hotels in September – check Agoda.com for your specific dates to see what bargains are available. You can get luxury rooms at discounted rates, which means life is still not too bad if you have to stay in your room due to rain.
One of biggest changes is the wind changing directions coming from the West coast direct onto the beaches. With this is mind some villas and hotels may not be the best option, especially those built on the side of cliffs or next to the beach. Below are the best protected Villas on Koh Lanta in the green season.
|Recommended Koh Lanta Villas In September|
Besides Koh Lanta’s villas, there are some excellent prices on the island’s hotels too. Here are our recommended places for a good holiday whatever the weather:
|Recommended Hotels in the Green Season|
There are some great Koh Lanta hotel deals during low season, which is great if you are looking to stay somewhere nice and are not too worried about the weather. Visit Agoda.com’s Koh Lanta hotels page to see what special offers are available for your specific dates.
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews
* Please note that the express speedboat transfer to Koh Lanta does not run from May through to October for safety reasons in case of rough seas.
The Koh Lanta minivan transfer is available all year round.
Koh Lanta Weather Month By Month
- Koh Lanta Weather In January
- Koh Lanta Weather In February
- Koh Lanta Weather In March
- Koh Lanta Weather In April
- Koh Lanta Weather In May
- Koh Lanta Weather In June
- Koh Lanta Weather In July
- Koh Lanta Weather In August
- Koh Lanta Weather In September
- Koh Lanta Weather In October
- Koh Lanta Weather In November
- Koh Lanta Weather In December