October is usually not the best month to come to Koh Lanta. The monsoon season is in full effect by this point of the year and there is typically heavy and prolonged rain on Koh Lanta during October. Of course, there is the chance of lots of sunshine too, but you need to be prepared for it to be wet.
October is usually the end of the monsoon season too – by the end of the month, the skies have cleared and temperatures are lovely and cool. Sometimes the rainy weather can drag on into November, but usually October marks the end of Koh Lanta’s low season and with the start of November the beginning of the high season.
|Recommended Koh Lanta Villas In October|
If you take the gamble on the weather clearing up in the last week of October, you can enjoy big discounts on both villa and hotel prices before the high season officially begins on November 1st and prices go up by anywhere from 30 to 50 per cent.
|Recommended Hotels in the Green Season|
There are some great Koh Lanta hotel deals during low season, which is great if you are looking to stay somewhere nice and are not too worried about the weather. Visit Agoda.com’s Koh Lanta hotels page to see what special offers are available for your specific dates.
You can check Koh Lanta hotel availability for your selected holiday dates:
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews
Please note that the express speedboat transfer to Koh Lanta does not run from May through to October for safety reasons in case of rough seas.
The Koh Lanta minivan transfer is available all year round.
Koh Lanta Weather Month By Month
- Koh Lanta Weather In January
- Koh Lanta Weather In February
- Koh Lanta Weather In March
- Koh Lanta Weather In April
- Koh Lanta Weather In May
- Koh Lanta Weather In June
- Koh Lanta Weather In July
- Koh Lanta Weather In August
- Koh Lanta Weather In September
- Koh Lanta Weather In October
- Koh Lanta Weather In November
- Koh Lanta Weather In December