Expect rain on Koh Lanta during August – it won’t be continual or for days on end, but there could well be some heavy downpours as the island readies itself for the full impact of monsoon season in the coming months.
Koh Lanta actually has a couple of busy weeks during August as many European tourists come and visit the island thanks to the summer holidays in Europe giving them time off. They usually come in the first two weeks of August when the weather is generally good.
If you don’t mind some rain, it’s a great time to come to Koh Lanta, especially if you can score a stay at an upmarket Koh Lanta hotel so you have a nice room to retire to if the weather is not co-operating.
One of biggest changes Koh Lanta faces is the wind changing directions coming from the West coast direct onto the beaches. With this is mind villas and hotels directly on the beach or built on the side of cliffs may not be the best option. Below are the best protected Villas on Koh Lanta in August.
|Recommended Koh Lanta Villas In August|
There’s also a wide selection of hotels available on Koh Lanta in August with big discounts on high season prices.
|Recommended Hotels in the Green Season|
You can check Koh Lanta hotel availability for your selected holiday dates:
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews
Please note that the express speedboat transfer to Koh Lanta does not run from May through to October for safety reasons in case of rough seas.
The Koh Lanta minivan transfer is available all year round.
Koh Lanta Weather Month By Month
- Koh Lanta Weather In January
- Koh Lanta Weather In February
- Koh Lanta Weather In March
- Koh Lanta Weather In April
- Koh Lanta Weather In May
- Koh Lanta Weather In June
- Koh Lanta Weather In July
- Koh Lanta Weather In August
- Koh Lanta Weather In September
- Koh Lanta Weather In October
- Koh Lanta Weather In November
- Koh Lanta Weather In December