One of the best months to visit Koh Lanta, April is sees high season on the island beginning to wind down but all the shops, hotels and businesses all fully open for business, as are transport connections to and from the island.
Temperatures start to warm up on the island in April, as they do across Thailand, and April is the month when the Thai festival of Songkran is celebrated. Traditionally this is where water is sprinkled upon each other to bestow blessings and provide relief from the heat – however, these days Songkran is more likely to be celebrated with water pistols and hose pipes as everyone gets involved in a week long party. While in Bangkok and other Thai cities Songkran means you cannot walk anywhere without getting soaked, on Koh Lanta it’s a bit more relaxed and certainly on the beaches you can avoid those who love throwing water.
Of course, if you want to party and join in with one of Thailand’s most memorable festivals, the locals will welcome you for sure.
As the island is still popular during April, it’s worth booking a Koh Lanta hotel in advance to make sure you get a good room.
You can check Koh Lanta hotel availability for your selected holiday dates:
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews
See more about Koh Lanta weather in other seasons:
Koh Lanta Weather Month By Month
- Koh Lanta Weather In January
- Koh Lanta Weather In February
- Koh Lanta Weather In March
- Koh Lanta Weather In April
- Koh Lanta Weather In May
- Koh Lanta Weather In June
- Koh Lanta Weather In July
- Koh Lanta Weather In August
- Koh Lanta Weather In September
- Koh Lanta Weather In October
- Koh Lanta Weather In November
- Koh Lanta Weather In December