The Trang To Langkawi ferry departs Hat Yao Pier in Trang and travels to Koh Lipe. Same day connection is NOT possible between Thailand and Malaysia ( Langkawi) so an overnight stay at Koh Lipe is required. After a night on Koh Lipe your journey will continue the next morning to Langkawi. The journey includes exiting Thailand and Malaysia Immigration.
Hat Yao Pier in Trang to Langkawi Ferry Timetable and Costs:
- Adults – 2050 Baht per Adult ( guests over 11 are classed as adults)
- Child 2- 11 years – 1435 Baht per child
- Child under 2 – 1000 Baht per child
- Check in at Hat Yao Pier in Trang and board the High Speed ferry which departs at 13:30
- The ferry will arrive at Koh Lipe by 16:00 and you will be required to depart the ferry and stay for one night on Koh Lipe
- You then continue the journey by ferry the next morning departing Koh Lipe at 11:00 and arriving in Langkawi at 13:30 local time (Malaysia is +1 hour ahead of Thailand)
Please note Koh Lipe accommodation is NOT INCLUDED in the ticket price. We strongly recommend you book Koh Lipe accommodation in advance. View our map of Koh Lipe with hotel locations and recommendations
Need A Different Ferry Route?
View our complete list of ferry routes and book your ferry ticket online.
Trang Ferry Check In
- The Trang ferry checkin point is located inside the Hat Yao Pier building, located by Hat Yao Pier itself.
- Please check in 45 minutes before departure. Hat Yao Pier is located within Hat Chao Mai National Park.
Important Ferry Information and Malaysia Immigration Procedures
- Passengers must arrive at the pier at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure (not applicable if you have booked a minivan and ferry combination ticket to Langkawi )
- Photo identification is required for all passengers to check-in (e.g. Passport, ID card or Driver License)
- A print out of your Booking Confirmation email must be handed in when checking in. You will then be issued stickers to identify your destination
- All passengers baggage is subject to search for security purposes
- When the ferry arrives at Koh Lipe during the journey to Langkawi, you will be transferred to the island by longtail boat - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- The next day check in on Koh Lipe at the front desk of Tarutao Cabana Resort on Sunrise Beach, at least 45 minutes before departure. The ferry departs at 10:00
- After check in the staff will help you get your Thailand exit stamp, you will then be taken by longtail boat to a waiting ferry which will take you on to Langkawi - The longtail boat costs 50 Baht per person.
- On arrival at Langkawi the Malaysian Immigration office is the ferry terminal building and a Malaysian Immigration stamp will be stamped upon arrival
- If you cancel your trip up to 48 hours before the departure date then a full refund will be given.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the departure date, no refund will be given.
- All cancellations must be in writing - please forward your Booking Confirmation email and PayPal payment receipt to email@example.com
- Please note there is no refund for no-shows.
- If you need to change your transfer in any way, this will be done free of charge up to 48 hours before the trip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets cannot be changed less than 48 hours before departure. A new ticket will need to be purchased.
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations. See full Terms and Conditions
DISCLAIMER AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
AmazingLanta.com acts as a booking agent for Tiger Travel Co. who operate the ferries. AmazingLanta.com is not responsible for cancelled or delayed ferries, lost luggage or any of Tiger Travel Co.’s ferry operations.
CHANGES TO YOUR TICKET
Changes of traveling date or passenger name can be made up to 48 hours before your trip. Send your change request in writing to email@example.com - it’s free!
CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET
You may cancel your ferry ticket up to 48 hours before the ferry departs and receive a full refund. Please forward your ticket details to firstname.lastname@example.org . All cancellations must be in writing.
- No refunds will be given for tickets cancelled with less than 48 hours to go before travel.
- No refunds will be given for no-shows.
All changes and enquiries regarding tickets should be sent in writing to email@example.com .
In case of problems with *hotel pick up only*, please call booking manager Patrick at Tiger Travel Co. 081 358 8989
Please familiarise yourself with Tiger Travel Co. terms and conditions:
1. Tiger Travel Co. reserves the right to refuse a refund in any circumstances.
2. All fares are exclusive of a 50 Baht longtail boat transfer fee between the ferry and the islands of Koh Muk, Koh Ngai, Koh Kradan and Koh Lipe. This is because there is no pier on these islands, so the ferry cannot dock.
The longtail boats come out to collect ferry passengers and take them to the island. The longtail boats are operated by local fishermen who are not part of the ferry company. The longtail ferry transfer normally costs 50 Thai Baht per person (the cost can change without prior notice)
3. Passenger with reservations must arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
4. All passengers, vehicles and baggage are subject to search for security purposes.
5. For all passengers, photo identification is required to check-in (e.g. Passport, ID card or Driver License).
6. AmazingLanta.com shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from all liabilities in respect of loss damage, injury, accident, delay or any inconvenience to any person or his/her baggage or any personal property, whether in respect of the ferry to and from the Island or in respect of any occurrence results from the negligence of Tiger Travel Co. or any other person directly or indirectly in the employment or service of Tiger Travel Co. or otherwise, under any circumstances whatsoever.
CANCELLED FERRY PROCEDURE In the very rare event of rough seas or mechanical failure the Tiger Travel Co. ferry may be cancelled. Your safety is first priority. If Tiger Travel Co. needs to cancel a ferry, Tiger Travel Co. will arrange alternative transfers for you such as a minibus transfer to the closest pier to your chosen Island. From here for safety reasons they will wait until the weather has settled before sailing.
* Please be patient with the staff whilst they arrange these other transfers for you.
If you accept the Transfer then the payment made will cover the costs, no refund or discount in any way will be given as the transfer booked will be completed. If you do not accept the alternative transfer then a full refund will be given by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Langkawi Ferry Departures
- Langkawi to Krabi Airport Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Krabi Town Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Ao Nang Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Railay Beach Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Phuket Hotel Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Phuket Rassada Pier Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Koh Phi Phi Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Koh Lanta Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Koh Ngai Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Koh Kradan Ferry Transfer
- Langkawi to Koh Muk Ferry Transfer
Ferries To Trang
- Phuket hotel to Trang
(minivan pickup from your Phuket hotel, transfer to Phuket Rassada Pier and then board ferry)
- Phuket Rassada Pier to Trang
(make your own way to Phuket's Rassada Pier to board ferry)
- Koh Phi Phi to Trang
- Koh Lanta To Trang
- Koh Ngai to Trang
- Koh Kradan to Trang
- Koh Muk to Trang
- Koh Libong to Trang
- Koh Lipe to Trang
- Langkawi to Trang