Railay Beach is hidden away and only accessible by boat, but it’s a short longtail ride from Ao Nang to Railay. For moving on there are all of Ao Nang’s transport options open to you.
Ao Nang To Railay Beach By Longtail Boat
From Ao Nang to Railay by a long-tailed boat takes about 15 minutes and they have to have at least eight people to fill a boat before they will depart. The boats go from the corner in Ao Nang where the approach road turns into the beach road and there is a blue kiosk where you can buy tickets. They will offer to sell you a return ticket. Do not buy one. It is a scam. No boatman will honour the ticket and the office is closed in late afternoon so you cannot get a refund when you get back.
You can buy a ticket from Railay to Ao Nang very easily and for the same price on Railay itself. Boats will often go from pier at the end of Noppara Thara when the sea is a little choppy. You can also take a long tail from Krabi Town at Chaofah Pier and it takes about 45 minutes.Â They don’t run in rainy season.
Ao Nam Mao To Railay Beach
From Ao Nam Mao to Railay Beach, also by a long-tailed boat, takes about 20 minutes. It is shorter for travelers to Railay East.Â This is also the alternative route to use during rainy season. Ao Nam Mao is a nice little beach in its own right, and easily accessible from Krabi Airport.
Krabi Airport To Railay Beach
If you are arriving at Krabi Airport you can book a taxi from Krabi airport to Ao Nammao Pier.
Ferries To Railay Beach(West)
- Khao Lak to Railay Beach
- Koh Bulone to Railay Beach
- Koh Lioaliang to Railay Beach
- Koh Yao Noi to Railay Beach
- Koh Yao Yai to Railay Beach
- Phang Nga Hotel to Railay Beach
- Phuket Airport to Railay Beach
- Phuket Ao Po Pier to Railay Beach
- Phuket Hotel to Railay Beach
Ferries Departing Railay Beach (Railay Village Beach – West Railay)
- Railay Beach to Koh Jum
- Railay Beach to Koh Kradan
- Railay Beach to Koh Lanta
- Railay Beach to Koh Libong
- Railay Beach to Koh Lipe
- Railay Beach to Koh Muk
- Railay Beach to Koh Ngai
- Railay Beach to Koh Phi Phi
- Railay Beach to Koh Yao Noi
- Railay Beach to Koh Yao Yai
- Railay Beach to Phuket Airport
- Railay Beach to Phuket Ao Po Pier
- Railay Beach to Phuket Hotel
- Railay Beach to Trang Airport
- Railay Beach to Trang Hotel
- Railay Beach to Langkawi
You also have an option of an Express Transfer which operates all year round. The Express Transfer is a private transfer, meaning that itâ€™s only you and your family and friends travelling in the minivan and longtail boat.
The transfer is not shared with anyone else, and does not stop to pick up other guests. It is the quickest route and allows you to travel the time you would like to.
Express Transfers To Railay Beach
- Koh Kradan to Railay Beach Express Transfer
- Koh Mook to Railay Beach (Ao Nam Mao Pier) Express Transfer
- Koh Ngai to Railay Beach Express Transfer
Express Transfers Departing Railay
- Railay Beach to Koh Kradan Express Transfer
- Railay Beach to Koh Mook Express Transfer
- Railay Beach to Koh Ngai Express Transfer
You can also get a private speedboat transfer from Railay Beach to Koh Lanta – a great way for families and groups of friends to travel quickly to and from Railay to Lanta.
Railay Beach Travel Guide
- Railay Beach: A Very Quick Travel Guide
- Railay Beach Beaches
- Things To Do In Railay Beach
- Railay Beach Hotels - Where To Stay
- Check Railay Beach Hotel Availability
- Railay Beach Map
- Railay Beach Daytrips
- Places To Eat In Railay Beach
- Railay Beach Nightlife
- How To Get To Railay Beach