How To Get To Koh Lanta In Brief
- The nearest airport to Koh Lanta is Krabi Airport - fly from Bangkok with THAI Airways, Air Asia or Bangkok Airways. See Skyscanner for flight times and prices
- Fastest Transfer: Express Speedboat Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Minivan Transfer: Private Minivan Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- There are Express Speedboat Transfers from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta, Ao Nang to Koh Lanta and several other routes - see our Express Transfers page
- There are Private Minivan Transfers from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta, Ao Nang to Koh Lanta, Khao Lak to Koh Lanta and other routes - see our Minivan Transfers page
- There are numerous ferries to Koh Lanta. Follow the link for a list of all ferry routes.
- Full information about all these services can be found further down this page
Flying To Koh Lanta
Krabi Airport is the nearest airport to Koh Lanta. There are numerous daily flights from Bangkok to Krabi Airport. Compare Bangkok to Krabi flight times and prices on Skyscanner.
Important Note: Bangkok Has Two Airports
THAI Airways and Bangkok Airways operate flights from Suvarnabhumi Airport (airport code: BKK) to Krabi (airport code: KBV).
Air Asia, Nok Air and Lion Air operate flights from Don Mueang Airport (airport code: DMK) to Krabi (airport code: KBV).
If you are arriving in Bangkok on an international flight before changing planes to fly from Bangkok to Krabi, make sure you know at which airport you will arrive. Transferring between airports can take up to 3 hours due to Bangkok’s bad traffic and so is not recommended.
Flying from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Hong Kong to Krabi
You can fly direct from Singapore to Krabi with Tiger Air.
You can fly direct from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi with AirAsia
You can fly direct from Penang to Krabi with Firefly
You can fly direct from Hong Kong to Krabi with Hong Kong Airlines.
Again, check Skyscanner for the cheapest prices and flight times.
Fast Speedboat Transfer to Koh Lanta
The fastest way to get to Koh Lanta is with a fast speedboat transfer. The transfer involves a 45 minute car journey and then a scenic 15 minute speedboat ride along Lanta’s beautiful coastline, followed by a transfer to your Koh Lanta hotel by minivan. Total travel time is 75 minutes or so. See for more information.
We offer speedboat transfers from
- Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta
- Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
Please follow the links for more info and to book your speedboat transfer online
Private Minivan Transfer To Koh Lanta
You can book a private minivan taxi transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta direct through AmazingLanta.com. Visit our Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta Transfer page for more information and to make your booking.
We offer private minivan transfers to and from the following destinations:
- Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta taxi
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta taxi
- Krabi Town to Koh Lanta taxi
- Trang Airport to Koh Lanta taxi
- Trang Town to Koh Lanta taxi
- Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta taxi
- Phuket Town – Koh Lanta
- Patong, Kata, Karon Beaches to Koh Lanta taxi
- Khao Lak to Koh Lanta taxi
- Ao Nang to Krabi Airport taxi
- Krabi Town to Krabi Airport taxi
- Klong Moung to Krabi Airport taxi
- Trang Town to Krabi Airport taxi
Public Minivan Taxi to Koh Lanta
The cheaper option is to get a minivan taxi at Krabi airport, which seats up to 10 people and departs from the airport when the taxi is full. Backpacks or suitcases are stored on top of the van and conditions can be very cramped.
Minivan taxi cost: 300 Baht per person.
To catch a minivan taxi, we strongly recommend you get an early flight from Bangkok to Krabi as the last departure for minivan taxis from Krabi Airport is around 1pm.
The journey time from Krabi Airport to Ban Saladan is between 2 to 3 hours. The time varies as there are car ferry crossings between the mainland and the islands. We recommend you bring water and snacks for the journey.
Ferries To Koh Lanta
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta ferry
- Phuket Rassada Pier to Koh Lanta ferry
- Phuket Hotel to Koh Lanta ferry
- Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta ferry
- Koh Ngai to Koh Lanta ferry
- Koh Kradan to Koh Lanta ferry
- Koh Muk to Koh Lanta ferry
- Trang To Koh Lanta ferry
- Koh Lipe to Koh Lanta ferry
- Langkawi to Koh Lanta ferry
Follow the links above for times and pricing for ferries to Koh Lanta, all of which can be booked online.
How To Get To Koh Lanta From Other Places In Thailand
If you are travelling around Thailand, here’s some detailed info on how to get from other popular areas of Thailand to Koh Lanta
- Bangkok to Koh Lanta
- Koh Samui to Koh Lanta (also useful for Koh Phangan to Koh Lanta and Koh Tao to Koh Lanta)
- Chiang Mai to Koh Lanta
How To Get To Koh Lanta From Outside Thailand
To help you plan your journey to Koh Lanta from outside Thailand, here are some tips on the best flight routes to use from popular international airports. If you’re wondering, Where is Koh Lanta?, follow the link for detailed maps.
- Kuala Lumpur To Koh Lanta
- Singapore To Koh Lanta
- Hong Kong To Koh Lanta
- Bali To Koh Lanta
- Angkor Wat To Koh Lanta
- Sydney To Koh Lanta
- Dubai To Koh Lanta
- London To Koh Lanta
- Stockholm To Koh Lanta
Check Koh Lanta Hotel Availability
It’s important to check Koh Lanta hotel availability before booking your flights, especially at Christmas and New Year – you can get instant confirmation of available Koh Lanta hotels for your travel dates on our Koh Lanta Hotels page.
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews