How To Get To Koh Lanta In Brief
- The nearest airport to Koh Lanta is Krabi Airport - fly from Bangkok with THAI Airways, Air Asia or Bangkok Airways. See Skyscanner for flight times and prices
- Fastest Transfer: Express Speedboat Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta for 1950 Baht per person (minimum 2 persons)
- Minivan Transfer: Private Minivan Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta for 3000 Baht for up to 6 people
- There are Express Speedboat Transfers from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta, Ao Nang to Koh Lanta and several other routes - see our Express Transfers page
- There are Private Minivan Transfers from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta, Ao Nang to Koh Lanta, Khao Lak to Koh Lanta and other routes - see our Minivan Transfers page
- Full information about all these services can be found further down this page
Flying To Koh Lanta
Krabi Airport is the nearest airport to Koh Lanta. Air Asia, Bangkok Airways and THAI Airways all provide daily flights from Bangkok to Krabi Airport.
THAI Airways and Bangkok Airways operate flights from Suvarnabhumi (airport code: BKK) Airport to Krabi (airport code: KBV) , so if you do not want to transfer between airports, we recommend you book your Krabi flight with THAI or Bangkok Airways.
Important note: From 1st October 2012, Air Asia will fly to Krabi from Bangkok’s Don Muang Airport (airport code: DMK) and not from Suvarnabhumi Airport. If you are arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport on an international flight and then wish to catch an Air Asia flight to Krabi, you will need to transfer from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang airport. This can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on traffic. As such, please plan your flight timings accordingly to give you plenty of time to go through passport control, collect your baggage, transfer to Don Muang airport and check in again. You can read more information about Air Asia moving to Don Muang airport on the Air Asia site.
Check Skyscanner for the latest flight schedules and prices. This site compares all airlines on the specific dates you choose, letting you easily see which one is offering the cheapest price. You can also choose a date range to see if it’s cheaper to fly a couple of days earlier or later.
Flying from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong to Krabi
You can fly direct from Singapore to Krabi with Tiger Airways. Again, check Skyscanner to ensure you are getting the cheapest flight. You can also fly direct from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi with AirAsia. Hong Kong to Krabi is unfortunately not possible direct – you need to go via Bangkok.
Fast Speedboat Transfer to Koh Lanta
The fastest way to get to Koh Lanta is with a fast speedboat transfer. The transfer involves a 45 minute car journey and then a scenic 15 minute speedboat ride along Lanta’s beautiful coastline, followed by a transfer to your Koh Lanta hotel by minivan. Total travel time is 75 minutes or so. See for more information.
We offer speedboat transfers from
- Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Ao Nang to Koh Lanta
- Phuket Town and Beaches to Koh Lanta
- Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
Please follow the links for more info and to book your speedboat transfer online
Private Minivan Transfer To Koh Lanta
You can book a private minivan taxi transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta direct through AmazingLanta.com. Visit our Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta Transfer page for more information and to make your booking.
We offer private minivan transfers to and from the following destinations:
- Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta 3000 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Ao Nang 3500 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Krabi Town 3200 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Trang 3500 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Trang Airport 3500 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Phuket Airport 5000 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Phuket Town 5500 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Patong, Kata, Karon 5500 Thai Baht
- Koh Lanta – Khao Lak 6000 Thai Baht
- Krabi Airport to Ao Nang
- Krabi Airport to Krabi Town
- Krabi Airport to Klong Moung
- Krabi Airport to Trang
Public Minivan Taxi to Koh Lanta
The cheaper option is to get a minivan taxi at Krabi airport, which seats up to 10 people and departs from the airport when the taxi is full. Backpacks or suitcases are stored on top of the van and conditions can be a little cramped.
Minivan taxi cost: 300 Baht per person.
To catch a minivan taxi, we strongly recommend you get an early flight from Bangkok to Krabi as the last departure for minivan taxis from Krabi Airport is around 1pm.
The journey time from Krabi Airport to Ban Saladan is between 2 to 3 hours. The time varies as there are car ferry crossings between the mainland and the islands. We recommend you bring water and snacks for the journey.
Phuket and Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta Ferry
A daily ferry runs from Rassada Pier on Phuket to Koh Lanta via Koh Phi Phi during November to April. The ferry departs at around 8.30 am from Phuket and stops in Phi Phi for 15 minutes before continuing to Koh Lanta and arriving around 12.30. See the complete timetable and more information on our Phuket to Koh Lanta Ferry Times page.
4) By Seaplane From Krabi Or Phuket to Koh Lanta
Unfortunately, as of 2009, this is currently no longer an option as the operator has gone out of business.
How To Get To Koh Lanta From Other Places In Thailand
If you are travelling around Thailand, here’s some detailed info on how to get from other popular areas of Thailand to Koh Lanta
- Bangkok to Koh Lanta
- Koh Samui to Koh Lanta (also useful for Koh Phangan to Koh Lanta and Koh Tao to Koh Lanta)
- Chiang Mai to Koh Lanta
How To Get To Koh Lanta From Outside Thailand
To help you plan your journey to Koh Lanta from outside Thailand, here are some tips on the best flight routes to use from popular international airports. If you’re wondering, Where is Koh Lanta?, follow the link for detailed maps.
- Kuala Lumpur To Koh Lanta
- Singapore To Koh Lanta
- Hong Kong To Koh Lanta
- Bali To Koh Lanta
- Angkor Wat To Koh Lanta
- Sydney To Koh Lanta
- Dubai To Koh Lanta
- London To Koh Lanta
- Stockholm To Koh Lanta
|Popular Koh Lanta Hotels And Villas|
Check Koh Lanta Hotel Availability
It’s important to check Koh Lanta hotel availability before booking your flights, especially at Christmas and New Year – you can get instant confirmation of available Koh Lanta hotels for your travel dates on our Koh Lanta Hotels page.
- Enter Your Holiday Dates To See All Available Koh Lanta Hotels
- Guaranteed Lowest Price
- Instant Room Confirmation
- Honest Customer Hotel Reviews
Follow the link to read more info about the amenities of Krabi Airport.